Filter Element For Chewing Gum&Xylitol Production
Johnson Screen Filter Element For Chewing Gum&Xylitol Production.
The production process of xylitol is as follows:
Xylose — soluble sugar — filtration — concentration regulation — pH regulation — hydrogenation — activated carbon treatment — pressure filtration — ion exchange — fine filtration — pre evaporation — evaporation crystallization — Cocrystallization — centrifugal separation — drying — screening — Packaging — Crystal xylitol of finished product.
The processes applied to Johnson screen filter (wedge wire filter) are: Filtration & Activated Carbon Treatment & Ion Exchange & Fine Filtration & Centrifugal Separation & Screening.
Activated Carbon Treatment: Johnson Resin Trap Screen
Ion Exchange: Resin Trap Filter Element
Centrifugal Separation: Centrifuge Screen Basket
Fine Filtration: High precision wedge wire filter element(up to 10 microns)
Screening: Wedge Wire Screen Panels & Filter
Matters needing attention in construction and production of xylitol project:
- Crystalline xylose should be used as raw material xylose, and the purity of xylose high-pressure liquid chromatography should be greater than 98%.
The light transmission and color of the xylose material are not very important, but the filtration speed is better.
Excessive requirements on the purity of xylose (such as a requirement of more than 99%) will increase procurement costs, and an increase in the yield of xylitol may not necessarily offset the increase in procurement costs.
- New enterprises should use intermittent hydrogenation autoclaves, and it is better to use the autoclave sedimentation.
At the current stage in China, continuous hydrogenation is difficult to ensure the quality of hydrogenation, and the hydrogenated residual sugar has a great impact on the yield of xylitol.
The use of settling in the kettle helps reduce the consumption of nickel-aluminum alloy catalysts and is good for environmental protection.
- Stirring with suction device in the hydrogenation kettle helps reduce the hydrogenation pressure. Medium-pressure hydrogenation (40-45Kgf / cm2) consumes much less power than high-pressure hydrogenation, and the equipment cost is much smaller and safer.
- The combination of “positive column-negative column-mixed bed” should be used for ion exchange. The mixed bed has a particularly low exchange load and low acid and alkali consumption, but its role in ensuring the quality of the finished xylitol is very critical.
- When vacuum evaporation is used for crystallization, the uniformity of the seed has a great effect on the crystal form of the finished product, and a better seed mill should be used.
- The return solution of the xylitol mother liquor has a great impact on the yield of the finished product. The corresponding return solution should be selected according to whether the product is classified.
- If the product is mainly exported, the dry hot air should be filtered to the level of 10,000.
- Packaged finished products should be stored for one day before being yarded.