Knowledge about metal sintered filter element
- Does the sintered filter element has fixed standard parts? Can I buy a standard filter element?
A: Sorry, the sintered filter element is not a standard part. Usually, it is produced by the manufacturer according to a series of detailed values such as the size, shape, material, and filtration value specified by the customer.
- What materials are available for the sintered filter element?
A: bronze, brass, stainless steel, titanium, and various alloys are common. Bronze is commonly used in the sintering filter industry, and alloy metal is the one with a lower cost. The reason why customers need to choose other metal types or alloys may be due to different use environments, such as higher hardness, better corrosion resistance, or higher temperature.
Stainless steel is also a more used material because its heat resistance and corrosion resistance are very good.
For more complex environments, nickel alloys may be needed. Of course, these alloys are expensive and difficult to process.
- What should be paid attention to in the design of the metal sintering filter element
A: When selecting the filter element, you need to consider the filter medium, filter value, flow rate through the filter, use environment, etc. Different uses require different filters. In design, you need to consider the following points:
1) Aperture: also in micron scale. The aperture defines the size of the media you need to filter
2) Pressure drop: refers to the pressure loss of liquid or gas flowing through the filter. You must determine your use environment and then provide it to the filter manufacturer.
3) Temperature range: how high is the temperature of the working environment of the filter element during its operation? The metal alloy you choose for the filter element must be able to withstand the temperature of the working environment.
4) Strength: sintered filter is the best choice for high strength. Another advantage is that they have the same strength in forward or reverse flow.
- What information do I need to provide the manufacturer to place an order?
1) Usage: including use environment, filter value, etc
2) Filter media
3) What should be paid attention to for corrosivity, such as acid and alkali resistance
4) Are there any special operating conditions, such as temperature and pressure
5) What pollutants will you encounter
6) Dimension, shape, tolerance
7) Quantity required
8) How to install