Pulp & Paper Screen
Wedge Wire Screen For Pulp & Paper
§ We can provide customized services for Johnson screen filtration and separation products for mechanical, chemical, or recycled fiber pulping processes.
Bluslot™ pulp screen with the advanced production technology and modern production equipment, our wedge wire screen products achieves excellent pulp cleanliness and maximum yield with the minimum operation and maintenance cost.
Filtration & Separation Solutions for Every Step of the Pulp & Paper Industry.
Pulp & Paper Screen Types
- Pressure Basket Screen
- Rotary Drum Screen
- Sieve Bend Screen
- Coating Screens
- Flat Wedge Wire Screen
In addition to the above common products, we can also provide customers with customized services for other types of metal filtration products.
Pressure Basket Screen
It’s suitable for all kinds of pressure screens in pulp making system and paper making system.
- Material: Stainless steel304, 316, 316L, 321, 904L, 2205, 2507, C276
- Profile and Support rod: Refer to the specification sheet below.
- Common gap size: 0.10 mm, 0.15 mm, and 0.20 mm.
- Bluslot™’s special surface treatment process extends the life of the product.
-It is not easy to block and can be -cleaned and reused.
-Large opening area.
-Strong structure, high mechanical strength.
-Lower passing velocity for given production rate and slot width.
-It can be used in high-concentration screening equipment to minimize the consumption of dilution water.
Rotating Drum/Channel Screens
It’s used for trash screening and water treatment in the pulp and paper industry(fine or coarse screening applications).
The advantages of the rotating drum screens produced by Bluslot™.
- The special wedge wire mold can be customized for customers with a certain tilt angle of profile wire, which has better dewatering efficiency.
- Perfect roundness.
Roundness determines whether the drum screen can run normally for a long time. We will guarantee perfect roundness through rich production experience and advanced production equipment.
- Patented surface cleaning technology.
Through the physical treatment method, the pulp rotary drum screen is cleaned, and the treated product has a bright appearance, which increases the corrosion resistance and improves the service life of the product.
Sieve Bend Screen
The sieve bend screen(DSM screen) is extremely widely used, and it also has its role in the pulp & paper industry. The Bluslot ™ sieve bend screen has become a well-known brand in China.
Material: Stainless steel304, 316, 316L, 321, 904L, 2205, 2507, C276…
The advantages of the sieve bend screen produced by Bluslot™.
- The highest accuracy can reach 10 microns.
Due to the need to ensure a uniform gap, the smaller the gap, the greater the difficulty of processing. Our technical team has overcome the difficulty of 10 microns after a long-term effort.
- Uniform slot size.
- The structure is strong and the mechanical performance is strong.
- Can be customized to any tilt angle of wedge wire.
in / mm
in / mm
in2 / mm2
|20||0.020 / 0.508||0.040 / 1.016||0.005 / 0.323||11|
|30||0.030 / 0.762||0.050 / 1.270||0.001 / 0.645||13|
|47||0.047 / 1.194||0.088 / 2.235||0.003 / 1.935||10|
|63||0.060 / 1.524||0.100 / 2.540||0.004 / 2.581||13|
|69||0.071 / 1.803||0.177 / 4.496||0.010 / 6.452||7|
|93||0.089 / 2.261||0.138 / 3.505||0.009 / 6.806||13|
|118||0.116 / 2.946||0.185 / 4.699||0.015 / 9.677||13|
|130||0.130 / 3.302||0.250 / 6.350||0.023 / 14.839||8|
|158||0.158 / 4.013||0.239 / 6.070||0.028 / 17.94||8|
|191||0.195 / 4.953||0.363 / 9.220||0.055 / 35.484||5|
Selection and purification of pulp
- After cooking, the slurry contains some solid impurities. There are two main types of sources, one is raw materials, and the other is introduced during processing.
- The presence of these impurities in the coarse slurry hinders the normal operation of subsequent processes, such as damage to the equipment, impeding normal process production, causing product defects, and seriously affecting quality.
- Screening: According to the different sizes and shapes of impurities and fibers, by reasonably setting the size and shape of openings and slits on the sieve plate, the purpose of separating impurities and good pulp is achieved.
- Purification: The process of separating impurities from the good pulp by gravity settlement or centrifugal separation using the difference in fiber and impurity density.
Main factors affecting screening
In the production process, according to the type of slurry, the type of impurities, as well as the output, screening quality, energy consumption and other requirements, the pressure sieve should be reasonably selected. The following factors should be noted:
- Impurity shape and size.
- The size and shape of the pulp screen slot (seams) and the opening rate sieve holes largely depend on the size and shape of the main part of the coarse slag to be removed.
- Feed concentration and feed volume.
Principle: a certain pulp concentration, large pulp feed, high output, high screening efficiency, high power consumption. Generally, maintain full load operation of equipment.
- Dilution water.
In order to reduce the loss of fibers, the qualified fibers in the tail pulp can be separated better.
Main filtering operations
- Coarse screen
The initial screening is to remove the wood or pulp knots in the pulps after cooking, so it is also called de jointing. These impurities are often larger than the pulp screen gap in length and width, and they can not pass through the gap to form screen residue.
But there are a lot of good pulp fibers in the sieve residue. If they are not recovered, the yield of good pulp will be reduced, and the circulation of the liquid medicine will not be smooth when they return to the digester with the knots.
Therefore, screen slag should be cleaned during the removal process.
- Fine screen
Further screening is needed to remove the fiber bundles or pulps in the size.